Feel free to leave comments or ask questions. I wont bite!!

Monday 16 April 2012

16/4/12 Well, that's the first day over.

One day of attack down, 5 days to go.
Weighed myself this morning and was surprised to find about 1.5kg difference in weight between last night's weigh in and this mornings. Dear Hubby thought that this was brilliant and congratulated me. I had to tell him that I hadn't done anything yet....

I had the best plans: I was going to get up early and get some exercise. That plan was scuppered (?) by my daughter's late night / early morning teething agony. A couple of times up in the night, soothing, cuddling and basically covering everything in sight in a thin layer of Calpol, is enough to leave anyone exhausted.
So, I'm proud that I managed to get my low carb breakfast without resorting to the usual 'running late' breakfast of grabbing a bacon roll from the canteen at work on the way in. Just a boiled egg for me. I took another one to work too, to eat for lunch, followed by a low fat yogurt.
I'm also proud that when a lovely colleague offered me some fudge today, I turned it down. I know, it's not so much of a big deal, but I feel as though I'm in the advert which tells you to celebrate small victories. I even hum the tune. In life, one should always have a theme tune.

I can't claim to have have the most entertaining breakfast and lunch when I'm trying to be strict but it was just fine. I figured that I've only got to be super strict to give my body a kick start for six days. Meanwhile, I'm spending some fun time looking up some very exciting recipes to try on my favourite low carb web site, yourlighterside.com.

This evening's meal was cooked by The Hubby. Grilled chicken and steamed vegetables. He used a paprika chicken seasoning (from a packet mix) to cover and marinate the chicken before grilling it. Absolutely gorgeous. And righteous.

So have felt totally successful today. I do have to admit that although I felt full, I still felt as though I needed a little something. But no treats for me, not for the next five days, so I sat and snacked on a few handfuls of toasted sunflower seeds. Now all that is required is some Redbush tea to accompany my work for the evening.

The Hubby has planned and shopped for dinner tomorrow. When your diet is so restricted as mine will be for this week, it's important to make sure that the fridge is well stocked and that there is something to look forward to. Otherwise, you come home, tired and hungry and that takeaway is just too tempting. So there is my tip for today. Plan ahead! Don't ever let yourself feel deprived.

My Blood Glucose (BG) levels were too high this morning but have dropped today, to normal levels, which is fantastic. So falling BG levels are making me feel as though I have a lot more energy. To the non-diabetic, these few days might feel a little tiring.

I need to drink far more liquid, about 2 litres if I can. Today I only managed a 500ml bottle of water and a large coffee. Add that to the two cups of tea that I've had at home and that's not a lot at all. No wonder I have a headache. Better luck tomorrow. By now my body will be trying to dump the glucose in my muscles, which explains why I have been peeing for England! Think I need to take a big glass of water to bed tonight. And possibly The Baby's potty. No, perhaps not.

Things to do tomorrow: Start eating oatbran and then prepare for the inevitable side effects. Sigh. I just have to go though it for a couple of days, the side effects die off once your body becomes used to it and I know I really need to eat more fibre. And multivtamins. Just for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment